** This tour is sold out. **
We're going on a trip to Iceland together, and we're totally going to geek out while doing it. We'll spend six amazing days doing all sorts of cool stuff:
- Hunt for the Northern Lights on three separate nights*,
including a boat trip in the bay outside Reykjavik
- Explore the geothermal fields of Geysir and Strokkur
- Check out the huge Gullfoss waterfall
- Hang around the cool town of Vik on the southern coast
- Take a dip in the Blue Lagoon
- Explore Thingvellir Park's rift valley
Bonus: you get to hang out with me and Fraser Cain of Universe Today the whole time! We'll entertain you with talks on everything from the astrophysics of the aurora to the geophysics of the geysers and rift valley. PLUS we'll be on all the tours and at all the meals to personally answer your burning questions about space and time!
*You and I both know that we can't control the weather (yet). We may end up just staring at the clouds all night. That's fine, because we'll be together, talking science.
Our itinerary: February 6-12, 2018
- February 6: Arrive in Reykjavik.
February 7: Tour Reykjavik, Northern lights cruise.
February 8: Golden Circle, Thingvellir, and Vik.
February 9: Eyjafjallajökull Volcano, Skógafoss waterfall.
February 10: Jökulsárlón Glacial Lagoon, Skaftafell Park
February 11: Blue Lagoon, Reykjanes, and Reykjavik.
February 12: Depart Reykjavik.